WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Pleasanton Rides is available to Pleasanton residents ages 70 and over who have completed and received confirmation that their Rider Profile is on file. Riders must abide by all procedures and guidelines of the Pleasanton Rides Rider Guide.
SERVICE DAYS & TIMES
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
- 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- There is no service on weekends or holidays observed by the City of Pleasanton.
Contact Us To:
◆ Apply for Eligibility
◆ Purchase Rides
◆ Make Reservations
◆ Change or Cancel Reservations
◆ Update your Profile
◆ Apply for Fee Assistance
◆ Submit compliments or concerns
◆ Get more Information
Pleasanton Rides & Black Tie Transportation office hours are Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm.
- Any private residence
- Any destination within Pleasanton
- Carefield of Pleasanton
- Kottinger I and II
- The Gardens at Ironwood
- Ridgeview Commons
- Stanley Junction Senior Apartments
- More locations to come when Covid-19 orders are lifted.
Outside of Pleasanton
- Dublin: Kaiser
- Dublin: Palo Alto Medical Foundation
- Livermore VA Medical Center
- Livermore: Stanford ValleyCare Memorial
- Other locations to be added when Covid-19 orders are lifted
Procedures & Guidelines
Rides from Pleasanton Rides can be scheduled up to 7 days in advance and no later than 24 hours before the desired travel time.
Same-day reservations are not available.
Cancelations must be made at least one (1) hour prior to prearranged pickup window to avoid full-fare charge. To change or cancel reservations, call Pleasanton Rides during posted office hours.
PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF
Where do I wait? Some facilities have designated pick-up locations (see below). At other locations, the driver will pick up/drop off passengers at the curb of a public street or in front of or close to a rider’s home. Each rider must wait at the sidewalk or other safe waiting area in front of or as close as possible to the pick-up location’s entrance.
Apartments, Office Complexes, and Shopping Centers: Pleasanton Rides has designated standard pick-up/drop-off sites at certain destinations such as large medical centers, shopping malls, and many Senior care facilities. At time of reservation, Pleasanton Rides will inform the rider where to meet the Pleasanton Rides vehicle at these locations.
Adult Day Programs and Nursing Homes: Riders traveling from adult day programs or nursing homes should wait at the front door of the building 15 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time. Pleasanton Rides drivers are permitted to enter only the lobby of any facility. Staff of senior care facilities and adult day programs should assist riders if necessary.
When will my ride arrive? Most Pleasanton Rides vehicles will arrive within 5 to 10 minutes of the scheduled time, however, traffic or unforeseen circumstances may delay pick-up time. Riders should plan to wait for the vehicle 15 minutes before scheduled pick-up time. If the vehicle has not arrived within 15 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time, call Pleasanton Rides.
How long is each ride? Pleasanton Rides is a shared-ride service with trips lasting an average of 30 minutes. Riders are grouped by pick up/destination points. Vehicles are routed to meet riders’ needs.
It is the rider’s responsibility to schedule all rides. Riders are provided a pick-up time after making reservations. Riders may only board with a prearranged, paid reservation. All one-way trip pick-ups occur within a 30-minute window. Rider should be prepared to board the vehicle 15 minutes before the scheduled time. If a Pleasanton Rides vehicle does not arrive by 15 minutes past the scheduled pick-up time, call Pleasanton Rides.
For the safety and comfort of all riders:
- Covid-19 Precautions: Until further notice, face masks completely covering the mouth and nose are required of all people on Pleasanton Rides vehicles. Riders must practice social distancing at all times.
- All passengers must be secured by a personal lap seat belt
- Passengers must remain seated the vehicle comes to a complete stop
- No eating, drinking or smoking onboard the vehicle
- No littering onboard the vehicle
- No physical or verbal abuse of other riders or the driver
- Oxygen Tanks: If a rider must transport a medically necessary portable oxygen tank, the tank(s) must be firmly secured before the passenger can be transported.
Personal Care Attendant (PCA)
A PCA is a designated individual who is essential to a rider’s mobility. Any rider requiring a PCA must include this information in their eligibility application. One PCA may accompany each rider free of charge. The PCA must ride with the client and be picked up/dropped off at the same location(s) as the client.
Guests: More than one guest may accompany riders, for full fare, if space is available. Guests must be picked up/dropped off at the same location as the rider.
Service Animals :“Service animals” are animals trained to assist persons with disabilities or special needs. Riders requiring a service animal must include this information in their eligibility application and rider profile. Approved service animals may accompany riders on Pleasanton Rides vehicles free of charge. No pets are allowed on Pleasanton Rides vehicles.
Emergency situations: Pleasanton Rides does not provide emergency medical transportation. In the event of an emergency, dial 911. Should an emergency occur during Pleasanton Rides transit, Pleasanton Rides reserves the right to call rider’s designated emergency contact or 911.
A Pleasanton Rides vehicle will pull up to a safe area near the entrance/front door of the pick-up location. Drivers may not enter private residences and must remain within sight of the Pleasanton Rides vehicle at all times. Upon request, drivers may escort riders to and from the front door of a building or residence if the vehicle remains in the driver’s view at all times. If assistance is needed at buildings with stairs, rider is responsible for arranging that assistance.
- Wear identifying uniforms
- Assist riders getting into or out of the Pleasanton Rides vehicle, including up and down ramps as needed
- Assist riders with up to three (3) grocery-bag sized packages of reasonable weight
- Help riders secure all mobility devices or oxygen tanks the Pleasanton Rides vehicle
- Reserve the right to call any rider’s designated emergency contact or 911 as deemed necessary
Drivers may not:
- Negotiate staircases at buildings
- Carry more than 3 packages
- Handle riders’ purses/handbags
- Enter private homes
- Go beyond the ground floor lobby of office buildings or care facilities
- Alter schedules or destinations
- Schedule rides or accept payments/gratuities
Customer Service: Please let us know about the service you receive. Any reported concerns will be investigated. Staff who receive compliments will be recognized. When contacting us, be sure to include rider’s name, rider’s telephone number, date and time of service, and details of service.
Pleasanton Rides is a door-to-door, shared-ride transportation service for the timely, safe, personalized, and convenient transportation of Pleasanton senior citizens.
Pleasanton Rides is a City of Pleasanton program provided by Black Tie Transportation and partially funded by Alameda County Transportation Commission Measure B/BB.